Our school has been open since 1873. Children from many ethnic and socio-economic groups attend Henderson Primary School which makes our school an exciting and vibrant place to be.
We are committed to high academic standards and high standards of student behaviour. We expect that all students will achieve and we emphasize the teaching of literacy and numeracy.
At our school we focus on formative assessment teaching practices as the vehicle for effective learning. The main components of formative assessment are:
- The active involvement of students in their own learning.
- Sharing learning goals with students.
- Involving students in self-assessment.
- Effective questioning.
- Providing effective feedback which leads to students recognising their next learning steps and how to take them.
- Adjusting teaching to take account of the results of assessments.
- Confidence that every pupil can improve.
We are a very well-resourced school. We have a large library, gymnasium, swimming pool and extensive grounds. Our staff are very experienced and provide our students with a safe but challenging learning environment.
We believe a positive relationship between parents and school is essential to maximise the learning potential of the children. Our teachers and staff are very approachable and we will do our best to welcome and assist you.
We have created a Facebook page to work in conjunction with this website to inform parents and the wider community of all school activities. Please ‘LIKE’ our page and don’t forget to share it with your family and friends.
We use SKOOL LOOP App for you to get all your school’s communications in one place, download on your smartphone now… Download for Android Download for iOS