- School starts at 8:55am and finishes at 2:45pm. All children who arrive late to school must collect a late slip from the office. All children leaving the school MUST be signed out at the office, they also must be accompanied by an adult. Children are not allowed to leave the school (during school hours) unsupervised.
- We have a School Uniform and EVERYONE is expected to wear it. HATS are compulsory in Terms 1 and 4. You can purchase these from the office.
Our school has been open since 1874 and
it has a rich social and cultural background. Children from many ethnic
and socio-economic groups attend Henderson Primary School which makes our
school an exciting and vibrant place to be.
We are committed to high academic
standards and standards of student behaviour. We expect that all students
will achieve and we emphasize the teaching of literacy and numeracy.
At our school we focus on formative
assessment teaching practices as the vehicle for effective learning. The main
components of formative assessment are:
- The active involvement of students in their
- Sharing learning goals with students.
- Involving students in self-assessment.
- Effective questioning.
- Providing effective feedback which leads to
students recognising their next learning steps and how to take them.
- Adjusting teaching to take account of the
results of assessments.
- Confidence that every pupil can improve.
We are a very well-resourced
school. We have a large library, an arts hall, gymnasium, swimming pool
and extensive grounds. Our staffs are very experienced and provide
our students with a safe but challenging learning environment.
We believe a positive relationship
between parents and school is essential to maximise the learning potential of
the children. Our teachers and staff are very approachable and we will do
our best to welcome and assist you.
Lastly, recently we created a Facebook page to work in conjunction with
this website to inform parents and the wider community of all school
activities. Please 'LIKE' our page and don't forget to share with
your family and friends.